Skip to content
April 16, 2024

Lizzie Mozelle Rowe

Lizzie Mozelle Rowe

Lizzie Mozelle Rowe, 77, of Graham, passed away at her residence on Tuesday, February 27, 2024, at 4:17 a.m.

A native of Taylorsville, she was the daughter of Harrison J. Rowe and Mabel E. Carlton Rowe, both deceased. She was a retired educator and a member of the Red Hatters. Lizzie was also a member of the First Baptist Church of Burlington and the Joy Seniors Ministry.

Lizzie was preceded in death by two sisters, Minnie L. Rowe and Jettie Rowe Mason; a brother, Jimmie L. Rowe; and a nephew, Kent A. Rowe.

Survivors include a sister-in-law, Kathleen Rowe Whittington and husband Joseph; a nephew, Dr. James Rowe; three nieces, Lolita Rowe Hargrave and husband Ron, Evangeline Rowe Campbell and fiancé Eric Mayes, and Melissa Dawn Rowe; great-nephews, Tyler Rowe and wife Ashley, Dallas Campbell and fiancée Heidi, and Ryan Hargrave and wife Danielle; great-nieces, TyLisa Miller and husband TyQuan, Khloe’ Rowe, and Kaitlin Rowe; great-great-nephews, Braydon Rowe, Jamison Rowe, Maliek Campbell, Malachi Hargrave, and KJ Rowe-Dunn; and great-great-nieces, McKenzie Campbell and Tatum Hargrave.

The family will receive friends on Friday, March 1, 2024, from 3:00 until 5:00 p.m. at Rich & Thompson Funeral and Cremation Service in Burlington. The funeral service will be conducted at the First Baptist Church of Burlington on Saturday, March 2, 2024, at 11:00 a.m. by Rev. Chase Robinson. Burial will follow at St. John Missionary Baptist Church Cemetery in Taylorsville.

Condolences may be offered at www.richandthompson.com.

6 Comments

1. Terry Conroy on February 27, 2024 at 1:54 pm

Liz Rowe is my beautiful and wonderful friend of more than 50 years. She has earned her rest and her heavenly Home. I will always love her and cherish the years we had.

2. Ernestine Pierce on February 28, 2024 at 7:18 am

A beautiful lady will be missed by everyone who ever met her. James, you were the light of her life and I love you both with all my heart and I will miss both of you.

3. The Hargrave Family on February 28, 2024 at 4:48 pm

We loved Miss Moze as we affectionlly call her .She always had a smile and a hug for all.I loved how she would stop in Lexington to check on my parents Sherman & Mary Hargrave Lisa Hargrave
    in-laws .Miss Lizzie will truly be missed. Love and prayers to the family (my family) love you guys!!!!

4. Aleveta Faye Little on February 28, 2024 at 5:32 pm

My condolences go out to the Rowe Family. I went to school with Mozelle. RIH🙏🏽

5. Danelle Mcgalliard on February 28, 2024 at 8:09 pm

I am so sorry for each and everyone of your loss . Heaven gained a beautiful angel . And I know her presence here will be missed by all that new her. But you will see her again when god calls you to gain your wings and you will never have to leave each others side until then praying for comfort love strength and understanding to be with you all.

6. Terry Conroy on February 29, 2024 at 1:36 am

You could not find a better friend than Liz Rowe.
    Loyal, loving, grace full, and fun. I totally love her